Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Scientists from Naval Research Laboratory and NASA Goddard Institute Predict "Global Cooling"

By Mitch Battros - Earth Changes Media  Sep 7, 2009

What a blow to the global warming enthusiast. I would think this would put the "freeze" on their manipulative ploy ... but it won't. From 2002 to 2008, decreasing solar irradiance (activity) has cooled Earth's surface. That's the conclusion of researchers Judith Lean (Naval Research Laboratory) and David Rind (NASA Goddard Institute), who have just published a new analysis of global temperatures in the Geophysical Research Letters.

Lean and Rind considered four drivers of climate change: solar activity, volcanic eruptions, ENSO (El Nino), and the accumulation of naturally caused greenhouse gases some of which are human produced.

Solar activity is the major component of warming and cooling trends. During the climb to solar "maximum", the Earth warms. During the de-escalation decent of solar activity towards solar "minimum", the Earth cools. Another source of cooling is volcanic eruptions and cloud cover often caused during solar "minimum" by (GRB's) Galactic Cosmic Rays. During the time of solar escalation during the 11 year cycle, the Sun heats the atmosphere; this in-turn causes a shift in trade winds (or jet stream). As a result of shifting wind currents (jet stream) the ocean currents shift often bringing warm waters.

This step-by-step equation during warming trends (solar maximum), creates "extreme weather" patterns. In-like, during cooling trends (solar minimum) can cause increased cloud cover creating an unstable atmosphere causing a shift in weather patterns.

Volcanic eruptions are a source of cooling; ENSO (El Nino) and naturally caused greenhouse gases some of which are human produced will cause heating; the solar cycle causes both warming and cooling depending on the stage of the 11 year bell-curve cycles. When added together, these factors can account for 76% of the variance in Earth's surface temperature over the past 30 years, according to the analysis of Lean and Rind. In this report nothing was mentioned regarding the remaining 24%.

Several aspects of their model attract attention: "The warmest year on record, 1998, coincides with the 'super-El Nino' of 1997-98," points out Lean. "The ESNO is capable of producing significant spikes in the temperature record." Solar minimum has the opposite effect: "A decrease in the Sun's irradiance (activity) has caused a cooling trend from 2002 - 2008," she notes. "This is the reason for the well-known 'flat' temperature trend of recent years."

PREDICTION: NASA and the Navy have made a prediction for the coming two decades. Their prediction calls for a continued overall cooling trend for the next 20 years. In addition, Lean and Rind say if a major volcanic eruption (cooling) and/or an active ENSO (warming) occur, this would modify global and regional temperature projections.

In summary: The Sun is King! There will be warming and cooling trends just as there always have been, and humans have very little to do with it .... welcome to Earth.